- Eliminating the possibility of double counting benefits e.g. points for zero impact refrigerants and more points for refrigerant leak detection system;
- Limited consideration of recurring impacts;
- Limited consideration of end of life treatment of buildings products;
- Limited (if any) consideration of materials transport;
- Limited (if any) consideration of trade staff transport to site (both during construction and then in the maintenance phase);
- Although construction waste is covered, there’s no quantification of the impacts (transport, processing, disposal, recycling) and hence there’s no way of understanding how much effort should be going into waste management;
- No consideration of embodied impacts of building components, for example, solar PV panels.
Posted in: Life Cycle Design vs Green Building Rating