eTool has had another great year in 2015 and it’s only going to get better in 2016.
In 2015, we saw some steady growth – we’ve expanded our team, gone international, moved from a services to a software company and continually improved eToolLCD to provide the best experience for all our users. eTool is now over 5 years old and we couldn’t have done it without the support of our subscribers and clients – so a massive thank you to everyone!
eToolLCD has helped designers avoid 500,000 tonnes of CO2 Emissions*
*Over the design life of the building
Which Equals Planting 2,968,000 Trees
Or 66,856 Homes’ Emissions For One Year
- There are now over 1,800 eToolLCD users in 63 countries
- We held 52 number of events with over 488 people attending.
- In 2015 we made a massive business decision to overhall the business model and move from a services offering company to a software provider offering a number of subscription packages.
- There were a number of new employees in 2015; Henrique re-joined eTool as Business Development Manager in March, Shlomi to manage Business Development on the East Coast, Steph joined in August to look after Marketing and Josh in September as part of the Operations team.
- We now have 9 employees operating across the world, with Pat moving back to England to head the UK office in Brighton.
- To accommodate the rapid uptake of eToolLCD amongst research organisations, we released a new subscription package for researchers to enable them to maximise the value of their eToolLCD experience.
- Major ESD consultancy firms in Australia are using eToolLCD.
- Large infrastructure projects, consolidation on Green Star – Materials Life Cycle Impacts credit,
- New operating system for the business; Workflow Max
- At the beginning of the year we made a commitment to become a ‘zero-waste office’, so all employees are accountable for their own rubbish and take it with them when they leave.
- We use toilet paper made by ‘Who Gives A Crap’ who donate 50% of their profits to water aid and their products are made from 100% recycled paper fibres, bamboo or sugarcane.
- The eTool office is a paperless environment
What Does 2016 Hold?
This year has already started off with a bang with Rich’s hard work enabling eToolLCD to become IMPACT compliant. This provides a huge opportunity for eTool, read more about what this means. It is going to be a big year for software with IMPACT, DGNB and new GUI.
At the start of January, Tom Beckerling started at eTool as Team Leader.
In May 2016, the eTool team will be setting off on our 3rd year of company tree planting, because we love planting trees and the planet loves us planting trees! This year everyone will be growing their own seedling in pots at home to then take to plant at Wandoo Rise, the Bruce family farm just east of Perth.