CitySwitch is a national program seeking to improve the energy efficiency of offices around Australia by encouraging commercial office tenants to commit to a number of energy efficiency measures and become a CitySwitch Green Office signatory. The City of Perth offers a local CitySwitch program that provides resources and assistance to commercial tenants pledging the commitments of the CitySwitch program.
To become a CitySwitch Green Office signatory, organisations are required to commit to:
- Commence a benchmark NABERS Energy tenancy rating of their office within 3 months
- Develop and implement an Energy Action Plan to achieve and maintain a 4 stars or higher accredited NABERS Energy tenancy
- Appoint an Energy Manager to monitor actual performance
- Request a NABERS Energy base building rating from the building owner/manager
- Promote energy efficiency to staff, customers and suppliers and share their experiences with other Signatories
- Obtain an annual NABERS Energy Rating and provide feedback on their success in a formal Progress Report
The eTool & Cundall Perth office have committed to the above, and we encourage others to do the same!