New Green Star Buildings rating was launched in 2020 – transition period coming to an end on 17 December 2021. This was a window of time when applicants could register their projects using either Green Star – Design & As Built or Green Star Buildings.
It is exciting to see the transition in Australia towards more sustainable buildings and stricter carbon reduction targets within the new GBCA rating scheme.
During the webinar (watch our webinar here) we explained in detail which credits of the new rating can be tackled with the software eToolLCD. You can find our support article that talks about credits here:
- Credit 21 – Upfront Carbon Emissions (up to 6 points)
- Credit 24 – Other Carbon Emissions (up to 4 points)
- Credit 26 – Life Cycle Impacts (up to 2 points)
Top 10 tips for eToolLCD users:
- Learn to extract data for credits 21, 24 and 26 from the same LCA model
- Credit 21: Use ‘Demolition’ templates from eTool’s library to estimate Demolition works for Credit 21 (Webinar minute 27:00)
- Credit 21: Be aware of different requirements for accounting for carbon sequestration when using timber products from scope A1-A5 and from scope A-D (Webinar minute 19:40)
- Credit 21: Unleash more options to reduce Upfront Carbon from optimising Transport (A4) or Construction processes (A5) (Webinar minute 24:00)
- Credit 21: Try different EPDs to get a better Upfront Carbon reduction
- Credit 24: Use LCA model to Optimise Credit 24 and emissions from refrigerant gases and other emissions (Webinar minute 29:50)
- Credit 24: Optimise other emissions from module B (Webinar minute 32:40)
- Credit 26: Explaining how to conduct an LCA for the new rating (Webinar minute 37:10)
- Credit 26: Use eToolLCD decarbonisation grid scenario 2050 (40:20)
- To automate data import from eTool into GBCA calculators, please vote on this feature request. We have many feature requests and have to prioritise. 🙂 The rule is that when it gets 20 votes, we will start working on it. Hurry up so it’s implemented sooner.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you are working on a Green Star Buildings project, let us know if you wish to discuss with us or need any help.