UK Business Development Manager, £55k+
eTool operates in the unique space of sustainability via clever technology – join us to be a part of our exciting future. We offer the world leading life cycle design software for sustainable buildings and infrastructure. eTool provides a flexible working environment and the excitement of working with an ambitious early stage company in a space that is vital for tackling climate change.
eTool has expanded our market reach to become a truly global entity with offices in Australia, the U.K. and Americas. We also have an impressive tier one client base from which to build on.
At this pivotal point in the company’s journey we are striving to rapidly grow the software subscriber user base and increase our national and global profile. With bright opportunities in front of us right now, we are seeking to hire a driven Business Development Manager to help build on our existing sales trajectories and accelerate revenue for eTool. The responsibilities of this role will grow with the business, and given eTool’s growth trajectory this presents an excellent opportunity for a high performing employee to take their career to the next level.
- Understand and interpret eTool’s overall vision to generate and maintain the BD strategy
- Prospecting – building on our client base to accelerate new lead and client generation.
- Pitching – selling eToolLCD software and consultancy services to the construction sector
- Communications and closing – following leads and ensuring effective delivery of eTool message throughout sale.
- Monitoring existing eTool clients – refining our interaction and marketing towards them.
- Ensuring that eTool clients are “quality” clients – managing expectations and continued engagement to ensure repeat business
- Maintenance of the customer relations management system and sales reports
- Assistance in improving sales processes, refining marketing materials and attending events
We’re on the lookout for people with a passion for the environment and who want to make a difference. This sales role requires initiative, autonomy, persistence and determination. A desire to make a big contribution to the low carbon future is important, that is how we measure our success. The maturity to know when, where and how to focus your efforts to foster both the short term and long term success of the business.
- Relevant degree and/or masters
- Excellent sales skills and experience with proven track record
- Minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders (preferably within the construction industry)
- Excellent communication skills particularly spoken and presentation
- Ability to influence decision makers and drive positive outcomes for construction teams
- An ability to efficiently conduct your work (punctuality, priority management, risk perception)
- High ethical standards
- You’re willing to participate in a flexible, vibrant workplace
- Awareness of BREEAM, LEED and sustainability ratings schemes
- Previous experience or working knowledge of construction and sustainability consultancy (and key challenges they face)
The support we’ll give you:
- Performance based equity in eTool, own part of the business you’re helping create
- Amazing mentors including of senior consultants on our team and the company founders
- Training and regular meetings to set and manage work objectives and career goals
- A flexible, results focussed work environment
The satisfaction you’ll get:
- eToolLCD is currently helping designers see and avoid 100,000’s of tonnes of CO2e (and lots of other environmental impacts) in their building and infrastructure projects. We want to ramp this up to millions of tonnes of avoided CO2e
- Experience, training and career progression opportunities hard to match in other roles
- Invaluable experience in the discipline of Life Cycle Assessment which continues to grow in popularity and credibility as the number one method for improving environmental performance
Negotiable depending on experience – the right candidate can expect a packaged salary of £55k+ including pension and commission.
Flexible (any major urban centre in the UK)
We recognise our employees as being our number one asset and want to share our success with you. Our workplace enables encourages creativity, passion and commitment. We are looking for like minded people to help us achieve our vision.