With some other commercial rating systems out of reach of the budget for small commercial buildings, eTool provided the perfect (and arguably more comprehensive) solution for the Jade Projects team. The building achieved a gold rating due to a mix of very good thermal performance and small scale renewable energy generation; a fantastic result for the Jade Projects team who recently moved in and are enjoying their new workplace immensely. eTool LCA was conducted on the design for Lot 47 Fulham St, Cloverdale during early 2011.
The summarised results of this project:
|Total CO2e / Year / occupant (kg CO2e)||% Saved Against Benchmark||eTool|
|Assembly, Transport and Recurring Impact||6.37||18 %|
|Total Carbon||-27.09||114 %|
- High density building in a lower density suburb will extend service life significantly. Solid construction materials (double brick and concrete floors)
- High fly ash concrete was used throughout
- Where possible finishes were minimised (no carpets, exposed feature brick inside and out)
- Local materials suppliers and trade staff
- Excellent thermal performance, very little energy required for heating or cooling
To find out more information on this building and others like it, please contact ESD Australia (previously Jade Projects)
Please contact eTool to arrange a cost effective assessment or training on how to achieve best practice in low carbon building design.
This assessment was conducted by Richard Haynes